Grins and Giggles: I've got the Spirit, how about you?

Friday, June 5, 2009

I've got the Spirit, how about you?

Yesterday I went to the President's club Tribute for Avon. I had made President's club for last year at the LAST moment (In two campaigns I sold almost 3 grand worth of stuff). Of course I was super excited and now I get to make more money and get more FREE stuff! YEA!!! So I dropped the boys off with their BitBit yesterday morning and went to West Monroe to part-ay. Oh what a party it was!!! There were about 150 or so Avon reps there from north Louisiana. Unfourtunately, my sister wasn't able to go courtesy of three holes in her leg (we missed ya sis!). We got lots of free products, got to rub elbows with people making 50Ks and above selling AVON. Who knew you could make that much selling perfume and make up (and so much more). We ate ribs, brisket, sausage, salad, potato salad, bread pudding (though I might add, Joey's bread pudding was tons better Don't tell him!). I learned about some new products (and committed to buying 700 dollars worth of a new Bond Girl perfume that wont be out until August and I will get it in two weeks!!!!) I got to get excited about new things coming up, about my potential for next year. I am working on trying to get a lot of fundraisers going. If you know someone that needs a fundraiser and wants to make SOME MONEY doing a fun fundraiser with little work, let me know! I bought a Bentley the Bear, the fundraiser bear that people can use as a fundraiser and give the bear to children in need!) I got excited about the cruise I am about to win (ALL EXPENSES PAID CRUISE!!!!) But the ABSOLUTE BEST AND COOLEST PART of the whole day was completely unexpected.

Towards the end of the lunch, they did the Spirit of Avon awards. Each District Manager (dm) go to pick one person out of their whole district that embodies the Spirit of Avon. This person does everything she can to help others, be cheerful, supportive etc. Angela Dana, my DM and good friend, selected ME.... yes, ME... I was sitting there as they announced the others from other disitricts thinking, "well, I think Letta or Alice should get it. Letta is Angela's right hand person now and Alice is her superstar seller!" So I waited to hear Pauline announce one of their names. Pauline started tearing up as she started talking about District 1762 winner (that is my district). She said this person is the most amazing and energetic person she knew. Not really words I would use for myself. Then she announced : "The winner of the Spirit of Avon for District 1762 is Elizabeth Wilhelm" I was shocked. I looked at Angela and she was already crying. The little segment on me that Pauline then had to read had every other winner, the DMs, and most of the people there (as well as ME) in tears. A little history now: I started Avon almost two years ago. I didn't really do anything with it because I didn't think that I would get much out of it. I didn't believe in what I was doing. So a little more than a year after that (November of last year to be exact, I FINALLY decided to do something with my business. I took all the training courses, I read all about all the products, I took myself and my business seriously. But above all, I BELIEVED IN MYSELF. This made the biggest difference. If you look at what I have done so far this year, I have done more than I did in the first year and a half. So Back in December I sent Angela an email telling her thanks for being there and putting up with me until then. She asked me waht the difference was... and I told her that I finally believed in myself and she cried. She forwarded that to Pauline, who proceded to cry too. Since then, Pauline, Angela and I have kept up and I have worked hard. Now I intend on working even harder in recruiting, in sales and in being the spirit of Avon.

This is the plaque they gave me:

"The Spirit of Avon award is an award given from the heart. The heart of a Manager and the heart of Avon. Although it is often hard to choose just one recipient because there are so many special Representatives, one person's incredible spirit stands out above the rest. Not necessarily because of sales or a high dollar increase, or even recruiting excellence, but because of an attitude of giving, sharing, and selflessness.

This person gives of herself continually. She builds her own business by professionally and courteously seving her customers. She also cares and shares with other representatives, as well as all who have the privilege of crossing her path. She is a friend; she is a teacher; she is a blessing.

She is the SPIRIT OF AVON.

Thanks to Angela for her kind words, of which I am not sure I deserve all the time, but I will strive to live up to your words of me. Thanks to my customers who have been quite loyal despite some slip ups when times got tough in Avon with shortages and all. Thanks to my downline that is always working hard under me. And most of all, thanks to my family and friends, who have gotten me to where I am today.

If you know anyone or you yourself are interested in making more money, let me know. I will help you make your dreams come true (and get a free cruise in there too!!!)

Labels:

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home