Grins and Giggles: Father's day Fun

Wednesday, June 24, 2009

Father's day Fun

Well, this past Sunday was Father's Day and we loaded up the car and headed to Shreveport for some family time. Everyone else was still in church when we got the the Port city, so we went around the corner and went to see MawMaw's grave site. The headstone for MawMaw and PawPaw is perfect for them... I cried a little, boy do I miss her, but she is in a better place and as she said before she died, no tears. She had fresh flowers out there (i didn't know they were REALLY fresh as in we had just missed my godparents putting them out....) I had known their anniversary (MM and PP) was coming but I learned that via the headstone that it was that day.... 56 years together almost. And PawPaw had no clue today was his anniversary.

We went back to Paul's house and ate some awesome food (such good cooks in the Wilhelm family) And played some. I WOULD have taken pics, but my camera charger is MIA so i can't. Then we headed to PawPaw's nursing home. It is such a depressing place. I don't like going there. I can't wait till he can leave.... if he can. With as bad as he is, they are not letting him leave yet. He can't remember much. He doesn't know what to do with a card (as in a greeting card). he just sat there holding the envelope and looking at it. We have to hand him the card itself now, not in an envelope. But he and Benny and DJ fed the birdies... Ben had looking forward to this ALL day. He kept saying go see PawPaw and birdies haha. Coke floats and cake were eaten and then we headed back to Paul's house for some more play time. Then home. Wish I had pics.. Jamie put a few up! Check them out!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home